- IDIES 3D Hackathon
- When: June 09, 2018, 09:00
- Where: IDIES, 3rd floor, East Wing
Bloomberg Center for Physics and Astronomy
Johns Hopkins University
The Institute for Data Intensive Engineering and Sciences will host a full-day 3D Visualization Hackathon on Saturday June 9, 2018. Like all hackathons, this event will be participant-driven. We left plenty of space on the Registration Form for you to tell us what visualization problems you want to tackle. We’ll tailor the schedule and breakout groups around tasks and topics you’re interested in.
- Share your knowledge, experience, and ideas with other participants
- Build demos or examples, such as
- Create a 3D movie of particle flow in the ocean
- Create an immersive VR movie of streamlines
- Create a Github Repository and populate it with, e.g.
- code examples in MATLAB, python, etc
- demos and examples from breakout groups
- useful resource such as libraries and tools
- notes and lessons learned
- links to resources, github repo(s), etc
- next steps
Tools and Organization
Leading up to the hackathon, we will use Slack to discuss the schedule, topics, and preparation. You will be invited to Slack once your registration has been processed.
We will use a shared folder on Google Drive to share organizational documents, and to record the output from the hackathon itself. Post-hacks, IDIES will transfer that knowledge to our website and our Affiliate Knowledge Base (in prep).
Registration and Attendance
Attendance is capped at 30 attendees due to space restrictions. Go to the Hackathon Registration page to save your spot!
IDIES affiliates enjoy priority registration. Priority registration ends at 5pm on May 26, after which time registration forms from non-affiliates will be processed. If you are not yet an affiliate, you may join IDIES and take advantage of priority registration. If you are registered for the hackathon, once you join your registration will become prioritized. Please go to idies.jhu.edu/join/ to find out how to become a member.
After 5PM June 2 2018, registration will remain open on a first-come, first-served basis as space allows.
This event is restricted to Johns Hopkins affiliates. If you are not affiliated with Johns Hopkins, but would like to attend, you must be sponsored by an IDIES full (faculty) affiliate. Please contact email@example.com for more information.