IDIES Annual Symposium
2021 IDIES Annual Symposium
Thursday, October 21, 2021 1 PM – 6 PM ET
Friday, October 22, 2021 1 PM – 5 PM ET
Virtually Live Everywhere
This year’s event aims to bring together experts in the theoretical foundations and development and application of data intensive technologies and analysis to share discoveries, practical ideas, and insights. IDIES seeks to promote interdisciplinary collaborations, and to invite researchers from across JHU, the government, industry, and local organizations that have an interest in data science and how to apply it in their own projects or future projects to attend the symposium.
The symposium will include:
- Keynote Speakers, including Dr. Judith Mitrani-Reise, Associate Chief of the Materials and Structural Systems Division (Engineering Laboratory) of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Invited speakers highlighting exciting data science breakthroughs and applications
- IDIES Seed Fund Awardee Updates
- Announcement of the first annual Robbins Awards to JHU Faculty and PhD students
- Results from the 2021 IDIES summer research fellows
- Student Poster Sessions
- Updates on IDIES activities and projects, including the SciServer Science Platform
Submission for Student Posters, which is a separate process from registration for the meeting, will open in a few days.