The JHU Institute for Data Intensive Engineering and Science (IDIES) is pleased to announce the Spring, 2018 Seed Funding Program Awardees.
- Using epidemiological and simulation data to inform the testing of autonomous vehicles
Johnathon Ehsani, Tak Igusa, Hadi Kharrazi
- Characterizing key factors influencing blood pressure variation and its relation to clinical outcomes in chronic diseases using large-scale connected health and clinical datasets
Nauder Faraday, Alexis Battle, Kasper Hansen
- A big-data engine for large-scale splicing screens
Ben Langmead, Seth Blackshaw, Jonathan Ling
- Can Geo-Located Tweet Sentiment Predict Stock Price Movement?
Jim Kyung-Soo Liew, Tamas Budavari
- Modeling Dynamics of Social Networks: Data-intensive Structural Modeling and Analysis of Simulated Network Structures
Angelo Mele, Lingxin Hao, Gerard Lemson
- Data-driven prediction of risk of sudden cardiac death
Natalia A. Trayanova, Katherine C. Wu , Dan M. Popescu
- Harnessing Big Data for Population Health: Advancing Natural Language Processing Techniques to Extract Social-Behavioral Risk Factors from Free Text within Large Electronic Health Record Systems
Jonathan Weiner, Hadi Kharrazi, Elham Hatef, Mark Dredze, Christopher Chute